Geany 0.15 (October 19, 2008)
Add Previous Message, Previous Error commands (thanks also to Beau Barker).
Add 'Close Other Documents' File menu command (#1976724).
- Add Find Document Usage popup menu command & keybinding.
Check that the current file is still on disk (as well as checking the modification time).
Add support for custom file templates (found at startup) in the ~/.geany/templates/files directory, shown underneath filetype templates
in the New with Template menu.
- Make socket open command support filename:line:column syntax.
Add filetypes. [build_settings] key 'error_regex' to support custom error message parsing using a GNU-style extended regular expression.*
Allow loading projects from command line (#1961083).
- Add alternative build system: Waf.
- Add Tools menu item to reload configuration data without a restart.
- Add support to use template wildcards in snippets.
- Increase LSB compliance.
- Make disk check timeout configurable (zero disables disk checks).
- Add search pref: 'Use the current file's directory for Find in Files' (#1930435).
- Make keyboard shortcuts dialog non-modal (#1999384).
- Add a debug messages window to easily view debug messages/warnings.
- Update Scintilla to version 1.77 (includes many fixes).
- Add basic Line Breaking option in the Document menu and 'Line breaking column' editor pref (for now only works when typing characters past
the line breaking column number).
- Don't colourise any documents until they need to be drawn (this should make opening a session faster for filetypes that support typename
- Make Ctrl-click on a word perform Go to Tag Definition.
- Add 'Max. symbol name suggestions' autocompletion pref.
Show ellipsis (...) item when there are too many symbol names for autocompletion.
Highlight matching brace indent guides (thanks to Jason Oster; #2104099).
Show brace indent guides on empty lines when appropriate (thanks to Jason Oster; #2105982).
Add 'Tab key indents' pref, on by default.
- Implement soft tabs support (#1662173). There's now a 'Tabs & Spaces' Indent Type, and separate Width, Hard Tab Width indent prefs. (Thanks
to Joerg Desch for explaining how it needed to work).
Auto-update the line margin width as lines are added (thanks to Jason Oster; #2129157).
Add "Replace spaces by tabs".
- Install plugins into lib/ not into plugins/.
- Install Geany's message catalogs into share/locale rather than lib/locale as GTK does since 2.12.2.
- Add Go to Start/End of Line keybindings (#1996175).
Add 'Switch to Compiler' keybinding (useful when checking build progress).
Add keybindings for Line wrapping, Line breaking, Toggle fold and Replace Spaces by tabs, Previous/Next word part.
Add OpenGL Shader Language (GLSL) filetype (thanks to Colomban Wendling; #2060961).
Add R language filetype (thanks to Andrew Rowland; #2121502).
- Split filetype Fortran into Fortran 77 and Fortran 90.
- Add Gettext translation filetype (#2131985).
- CSS improvements, thanks to Jason Oster.
- Fix hang when restarting the VTE (#1990323) with VTE 0.16.14. (Note that with VTE 0.16.14 the reset sometimes leaves a blank
terminal, but pressing enter makes it then behave as normal).
Add Split Window plugin (should work OK for viewing; full editing support is not implemented yet).
Merge InstantSave, AutoSave and BackupCopy plugins into the new plugin 'Save Actions'.
- Add Tips and Tricks appendix.
- Updated Installation section.
- Update 'Build system' for custom error regexes.
- Add a section for internal plugins.
Many changes; see the API documentation (make api-doc) and the geany-devel list archives.
Deprecated: plugin_fields, plugin_info symbols.
- New translations: ko, tr.
- Updated translations: be, ca, de, en_GB, fi, hu, it, ja, pl, ro, ru, sv, zh_CN