Geany 0.8 (August 09, 2006)
- Find in files feature added which uses the Grep tool.
- Added Make object command to compile using the Make tool.
- Editor notebook tabs can now be reordered by drag and drop.
- Added support for back references when using regex replace.
- Added a Find button to the Replace dialog to skip matches.
- Greatly improved the speed of Replace all/in selection.
- Scroll to 1/4 of the view when jumping to a line number.
- Show messages on the status bar and in the Status window.
- Preferences options for Auto-indentation and Line wrapping.
- Use the mouse click position for Go to tag.
- Added separate filetype_extensions.conf system file.
- Added makefiles for building on Windows.
Added keyboard shortcuts for increase/decrease of line indentation.
Added functionality to uncomment code.
- Encoding support
- Added support for Unicode Byte-Order-Mark (BOM)
- Redesigned preferences dialog.
- Added Undo and Redo toolbar buttons.
- New filetype: D
- Added simple printing support.
- Mark errors while compiling source code within Geany with indicators(small squiggly underlines)
- Use the full path for files opened from the command-line.
- Fixed saving a file from the unsaved file dialog.
- Fixed replacing with regexes the correct matched text length.
- Fixed applying virtual terminal widget settings at startup.
- Fixed prepending items to the Recent files menu.
- Fixed clipboard commands used in the find entry and Scribble.
- Fixed wrong interpretation of syntax highlighting colours
- And some more.
Windows bugs fixed:
- Don't add .c extension when saving with the All files filter.
- Fixed a tool chooser dialog crash when path doesn't exist.
- Fixed locale problems with Windows message dialogs.
- New translations: be, es, pt_BR, ru.
- Updated translations: ca, de, pl.
- Added Scintilla keyboard commands for editing appendix.
- Improved search section; added all find and go to commands.
- Added section about character sets.