Geany 0.21 released!
We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see Release
Notes. A very detailed and
complete list of changes can be found in the
Some of the highlights:
- Add support for real-time symbol parsing.
- Fix loading of non-UTF-8 templates.
- Update Scintilla to version 2.25.
- Add Scala custom filetype (werg).
- Add Cython custom filetype (Matthew Brush).
- Add support for separate single and multiline comments.
- Add support for filetype-specific indentation settings.
- Add filetype Cobol (Seth Keiper).
- SplitWindow plugin now works on Windows too.
- Add translations: fa.
- Update translations: ca, cs, de, en_GB, es, fi, fr, gl, it, ja, nl, pt, pt_BR, sl, sv, tr, vi, zh_CN, zh_TW.
We want to thank all translators and everyone who contributed to this release
with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on. Thank you!
All downloads can be found on
Project Maintainer Changed
You might have noticed it already, Geany's project maintainer has changed. I
resigned as I don't have as many spare time as I want to do the job as good as
it needs to be done. So someone else has a chance to do the job better and
with more love and free time. Luckily, Colomban volunteered for the job and we
were happy to have a new, cool project maintainer. Things won't change much,
Nick is still actively developing as well and probably I'll commit the one or
other bit from time to time. The most obvious recent change is, that this
release is already made by Colomban. Thank you!